Welcome to My Studio!

As a private voice teacher I feel it is my responsibility to prepare young students to sing beautifully and confidently; to develop appreciation for all styles of vocal music; to provide musical challenges, education, and performance opportunities for those with an intense interest and talent in singing.

By teaching fundamental principles of posture, breathing, sight reading, as well as an extensive repertoire and confidence in public performance settings we will begin establishing a consistent technique that will help the student reach their musical goals.

Monday, August 24, 2009

PRIVATE LESSONS

Many students find that a result of private training helps them to have more musical confidence. That is my goal in private coaching. I want each of my students to develop a confidence in them musically. As we work together in private instruction to strengthen your talent and increase your confidence, you can become an influential member in youth choirs, church choirs, community productions and choirs, and from there- college vocal groups and music theater. As your personal coach, I pick music suited specifically for you- to help develop your unique talent. I hope to introduce you to all types of vocal music to develop a deeper appreciation of music in general. I encourage my students to come to me with song choices of their own as well.

In addition to providing you with an opportunity to perform in our studio recital, I will always encourage auditions and public performances and I will help you prepare not just your voice, but your musical selection as well. This time is yours. I will begin your lesson on time every week and expect you to arrive on time each week so that your time and efforts are spent well in the valuable time we have each semester before your recital. I have a “no knock, walk right in policy” as I hope that each student feels comfortable in my home. Please arrive in time for your lesson each week so we can make the most of our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment