Welcome to My Studio!

As a private voice teacher I feel it is my responsibility to prepare young students to sing beautifully and confidently; to develop appreciation for all styles of vocal music; to provide musical challenges, education, and performance opportunities for those with an intense interest and talent in singing.

By teaching fundamental principles of posture, breathing, sight reading, as well as an extensive repertoire and confidence in public performance settings we will begin establishing a consistent technique that will help the student reach their musical goals.

Monday, August 24, 2009

GROUP LESSONS

I am so excited to offer Group Singing Lessons for 8-12 year old girls. I believe that this age is a great time to teach music technique, theory and performing. There is no better way to develop confidence, in my opinion, than through music!!! In group class, we focus on warm-ups, basic theory, sight-singing, solfege, and singing beautiful repretoire. There will be 2 recitals this semester.

Each student in group lessons is treated as a group member but also is given individual attention. There are solos to try out for each semester. Also, if you are interested in private lessons, the group class is a great place to start as I will usually draw my private students from my group lessons when I feel they are ready to work on solo repertoire.

Group lesson time is Mondays from 4:15-5:15pm at my home. You will be provided with music. Please bring your own folder/binder and pencil to each lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment